Thursday, February 24, 2011

12 weeks...is this for real??

So we've hit the 12 week mark and things are becoming more real. That sort of sounds bad since this has definitely been a real feeling for me ever since my body has become out of whack at about 7 weeks BUT what I mean is that we have slowly started to tell our family and co-workers of our news. The feeling that this is all definitely for real is setting in.

Changes that I have begun to notice: I no longer am plagued by constant nausea (YES!!!) but that's not to say that I don't feel like crap still. Oh yes I have this total body ugh-ness that comes in various waves. Can't really describe it or pinpoint it any other way. The indigestion has started since I can't go without taking 2 bites and feeling full up to my throat until I let out a few rumbling burps (which has begun to be the normal when I eat ANYTHING) to relieve the pressure in there. I've also noticed that I've started to get heartburn at night which really stinks since I've never really had that before...that really burns! I'm not really craving anything lately which I guess is good. I do feel tired but nothing over the top or out of the ordinary. I did however sleep for almost 11 hours the other night but again I probably could have done that before the pregnancy...and yes I'm aware that that's not normal for an almost 30 year old woman. (Did I say 30?! Uuugghh)

Anyhoo, my work slacks haven't been able to be buttoned for about a week now. I'm going to order one of those baby belly things that you hook onto your pants to give some extra room. What have I been doing in the meantime? Well I got super creative and have been wearing a long tube top that fits snugly on the bottom so it covers my unbuttoned pants and keeps them up while looking like a layered cami/tank. Pretty clever I must say.

I've been getting a large ice water extra ice from Starbucks for the last week and a half. One because I need ICE water (still) and two because it has to be filtered water and filtered ice and Starbucks has just that. I keep on thinking that I'm going to get nasty looks or rolled eyes when I order (because that's all I order) but I don't and they are always pleasant and happy to make it.

I've scheduled a prenatal massage on Sunday that I'm really looking forward to. Two Christmases ago my husband got me a massage package for an entire year so all of 2010 I was getting massages like every month and now I think my body is going through withdrawals. I would like to start stretching and working out on a regular basis also now that I'm starting to feel better. I definitely do not want to be a sloth these 9 months because I KNOW I will hate myself and regret it fully.

So next doc appt isn't for another 2 weeks which is for the genetic testing and Downs test...this is strictly precautionary and NON invasive...being our first child and first experiences I'd like to be as prepared as possible. Even though I've heard you can never be fully prepared for kids...

No comments:

Post a Comment