Saturday, February 12, 2011

10 weeks and growing...

We've made it to the double digits!!

So I think I've begun to show. Probably only I can notice it (and my husband) but I think its definitely getting bigger down there. I'm on to almost my last pair of work slacks which were so big about a month ago that I had never worn them before. No one has said anything or has become suspicious which is GREAT...that or I am surrounded by a bunch of people who do not pay attention to detail. Either way I don't care, I am not ready to let the word out yet. I have my next doc appt on the Wednesday coming up. That will be the start of 11 weeks and I believe the decision making appt to decide whether or not we want to do any genetic testing. I am for it (the non-invasive tests) primarily because this is our first child and I would like to be prepared. Not that either of our families are high risk for anything that we know of, but I just think it would be wise to be prepared as much as possible for whatever is to happen when this little one graces us with their presence. Hopefully then I will get another sonogram shot to post AND we haven't actually heard a heartbeat yet (just saw one flickering) so that should be good times as well.

As far as nausea, sickness and cravings go...its about the same. Still sleeping in the guest bedroom (my poor husband) I've been fine but I think my husband misses me ;). The nausea throughout the day tends to happen in waves. I'll have a good day with minimal nausea, I'll be able to eat somewhat like normal and I won't feel as tired. Then the next day I'll wake up with constant nausea, nothing helps, I'll feel like I have to eat something every 2 hours and never feel satisfied or relieved of the queasiness and I'll be exhausted...all day. I have a sleeve of saltine crackers next to my bed for when I wake up in the middle of the night paralyzed by starvation, which by the way is a great idea. I've been waking up to use the restroom about 3-4 times a night which is super annoying. Other than that fun times! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment