Saturday, February 12, 2011

9 weeks...UGH THE SMELLS

So have I mentioned that the lacquer smell in my bedroom that is a combo between the new dresser and the newly stained headboard is triggering medium to severe nausea?...well I've come to the conclusion that it is just absolutely the worse smell so far (aside from the smell of my prenatal vitamins...uuggghhh) and it has gotten so bad that I actually have been sleeping in the guest bedroom for almost a week now. I still shower in our master bathroom and all of my clothes are in my closet still (in the master bathroom), so I have resorted to holding my breath while walking to and from our bathroom. Its pathetic...I know but I would rather do this than be in that bedroom honestly.

Cravings: I have been having this overpowering craving for Jack in the Box tacos for 5 straight mornings now. Just in the mornings, first thing...and also strawberry cream cheese. Not together because THAT would be gross but separate, in two separate meals. So what do I do? On my way to work I swing by Chompie's and pick up a blueberry bagel with strawberry cream cheese. Then I swing through the JITB drive through and pick up 2 tacos (for .99c). Then I go and pick up a Vitamin Water Zero Rise (orange) and try to down it while it is ice cold because its super gross once it starts warming up. Have I also mentioned that I am repulsed by any beverage that is not ICE COLD? Even water makes me gag if it doesn't have ice in it or is SUPER cold.

I do have to say that I am extremely fortunate to only have mild to medium (to sometimes severe only on specific occasions, see above) nausea and have only actually dry heaved once since this pregnancy thing started...and I will take partial credit for that because I might have accidentally gagged myself while brushing my teeth. But anyway I am very fortunate because there are a lot of women out there that vomit once a day, that can't seem to get out of bed, etc...so for that I am grateful.

Physical changes: Well I don't think I am showing per se but I am more solid in that area I guess? It definitely fluctuates from when I wake up to when I get home but that is normal for everyone to gain a little weight throughout the day. I have only retired two pairs of work slacks so far and they were on the brink of retirement anyway size-wise.

All in all I think its going very well. 9 weeks and I'm still chugging right along, business as usual...except for my sleeping quarters. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment