Wednesday, March 2, 2011

13 weeks...::sigh:: I'm tired...

And by tired I mean I feel run down easily. I don't think 'exhaustion' is the right word for it, well maybe it is if that means I don't feel like doing ANYTHING including standing up sometimes. I feel heavier which stinks because it takes that much more of the energy I don't have to do anything physically. I'm starting to walk for 10-15 mins a day during work. Once I get going (like a freight train) I have some momentum and it becomes a nice little power walk. I can't believe I am already starting to feel like this physically. One, because I'm only 13 weeks and two, because I live in Arizona and its only March so the heat hasn't even begun to show its nasty face...and all the AZ people can tell you that the heat just sucks the energy right out of you.

Anyhoo I had to buy my first maternity clothes (pants especially) because it was getting too tight in the waist area. I thought I was all clever coming up with my makeshift maternity pants by NOT buttoning OR zipping my pants and wearing a fitted tube top to cover the exposure....well let me tell you that maternity pants were created for a reason. The relief I felt when I put them on still amazes me. I wasn't aware that I was uncomfortable (and restricted) in my unbuttoned/unzipped pants! Never again will I underestimate the power of the stretchy waist.

Which brings me to my next topic...baby bump. So I am 13 weeks, 12 weeks when I had to buy the maternity pants, and already I have thickness that is undoubtedly a growing human. This I am also nervous about because I have 28 more weeks to go...how LARGE am I going to get?? And what does this mean?? Boy? Girl? I heard (through the grapevine of the 'Old Wives') that if I'm carrying low, then its a boy and high, carrying a girl. So the fact that I needed maternity pants at 12 weeks makes me think I'm carrying low...

Well the next appt is on Wednesday where we get the testing for Downs Syndrome and other genetic disorders. Strictly precautionary and very noninvasive. Just a sonogram and some blood tests. Even though I dislike getting poked in the arm with a hollow needle...I wouldn't call it invasive compared to some of the genetic testing procedures they do nowadays. We also know that this testing is not 100% accurate and we might get false negatives/false positives. With that said I pray that everything still looks hunky dory in there and that we get to see our little one bouncing around up on the screen...a sono pic will hopefully be on the next post!

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you and this is a great way to track and remember the whole pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited you are blogging! You should take the risk and not find out what you are having! I'm posting OWTs every week to try and predict what Scott and I are having. Congrats again, so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete