Wednesday, March 30, 2011

16 weeks

I guess I should do a new post even though I don't really have any new updates. The only thing new happening is the growth of my belly. Which is starting to look pretty large at the end of the day. Also it used to look, in the morning upon rising, just a little bloated and then it took the course of the day to fully expand out...but now I am definitely waking up with a belly. I find bending over to be a new challenge where I awkwardly have to turn my knees outward and half bend my knees half bend at the waist. I'm sure I'm in a perfect plie (plee-ay? Ballerina term...for the lay person) if someone should have the pleasure in watching me pick something up.

Also the belly button thing still gets me jazzed up. I noticed something fascinating today, in a weird and tmi sort of way. If I stand and shift my weight to the right or left, my bellybutton rotates in the opposite direction like the baby is pulling on it from the inside. Strange right?! I thought so...

I'm feeling pretty good. In fact I'd say I feel as though I'm not really pregnant aside from this extra weight and bulge in my tummy area. Oh and I'm still eating every couple of hours which is annoying and nice at the same time. Annoying because I need to find something to eat constantly but nice because I get to take many, many breaks at work...and no one can say squat about it because I'm pregnant! So lay off me I'm starving!

Next doc appt is in about 3 weeks then the sonogram to find out the sex is the week after. I'm trying to gather ideas for the nursery but its a little difficult when I don't know which gender I should be leaning towards. 4 weeks can't come fast enough! I am just giddy when I tell people that April 27th is when we will find out the sex. Hopefully the baby will allow it since I've read sometimes they keep their legs crossed. I'm sure if that's the case, it will be a little lady in there that feels its improper etiquette to sit with her legs open in front of company. Jk that's a ridiculous train of thought I just got on...well that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment