Sunday, January 30, 2011

8 weeks...ugh

So the nausea has kicked in. I haven't thrown up yet which I guess is a good thing...or maybe it's not. I don't really feel too tired which is a plus but I am not really liking this queasy thing. I haven't been sick in awhile and sick especially in the stomach area so I forgot how crappy this feeling is. An upset tummy is no fun! And I'm not sure why they call it 'morning sickness' because that's a lie. They should call it uncontrollable queasiness that lasts all day every day that really has no remedy. Thankfully it hasn't really hindered work or anything. I'm acting somewhat normal but I am eating about every 2 hours which I find helps. Just something small because the empty stomach feeling is the worst when it's upset. The thing that really is starting to upset me though is my prenatal vitamins are making me want to gag. I don't think they make me feel more sick after I've swallowed them, just the thought of taking them makes me want to vomit all over the place. I can already feel my throat tighten just thinking about it. Another thing that makes me sad is that the usual healthy meals and snack that I used to enjoy have no appeal to me whatsoever...oatmeal, veggies....ugh I'm actually craving bad stuff like tacos from Jack in the box and pizza (ooh that sounds good right NOW). I always wished that I would crave fruits and veggies as a pregnant lady but I guess that's too much to ask. Another fun thing that I've noticed is that certain smells make me sick...like every time I go into the pantry I get an overwhelming nausea feeling. I've started to hold my breath now every time I go in there. Also the new dresser in our bedroom has a lacquer smell to it that is just so gross...also probably didn't help that I just stained our headboard so that's super gross too. I have to stop writing because I have now managed to make myself queasy thinking about all of the nasty smells around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment