Thursday, January 20, 2011

1st doc appt


I scheduled the doc appt for the next earliest availability. Which happened to be just 4 days after I took the pregnancy test so we didn't have to wait too long. (side note: I took 2 other pregnancy tests over the weekend JUST to make sure that this wasn't all a big fluke...results: all positive). So we get into the office and I take their pregnancy test...which is just a pee test anyway by the way. I did have a slight suspicion that just my luck, theirs would come out negative. But I was wrong thank you Jesus I'm not crazy! So we go through the usual questions and by usual I mean all the first appointment questions I had researched on the Internet. What is your view on natural birth? Where do you deliver? Will you be the one to deliver the baby or someone else? Etc etc. Then we scheduled a sonogram to determine exactly how far along I was. I could have told them this because I did an ovulation test and it was positive on December 22nd. So that would put me at six weeks...which was technically 4 weeks from when I ovulated but for some reason the docs always tack on 2 weeks?? I don't really get that but anyway...


The next day was our sonogram appt. I was SUPER excited about confirming the fact that I had a little growing cluster of cells in my uterus. Since I was so early along, they had to do the big stick thing with the egg-like shaped thing on the end...let's just say it wasn't an outside sonogram on my belly...but there it was! A little flickering something. She said the flickering was the heartbeat and that it was at a normal rate for that time period. It was so super duper tiny but it was still there! We got a due date of September 14th. My sister's birthday is September 27th, she of course said it was a perfect month to be born.

Note: In the picture, baby is the little white speck on the top...then the embryo sack is the translucent circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment