Monday, February 4, 2013

28 days of LOVE.



Today I was thinking about what to write for this month and how I could come up with something a little different instead of just writing an update. At the time, Kate was cheezing it up with some old lady at the store and the lady was gushing over Kate. I started thinking about all the goofy things I love about her and realized I was making a list in my head. So I thought, what a good idea for the blog...and how appropriate for February! So here is this month's blog update...my '28 days of Love'...some of my top favorite things I love about Kate. <3

I love...

1: that she can (and will) cheeze it up with any (stranger) who will give her the attention
2: her dimples, 'nough said
3: her babbles. They are so silly, I just wish I could understand them because I know she is always inquiring about something from her raised voice inflection and questioning stare
4: her dance moves! ...and she changes them up too which is pretty creative in my opinion
5: how she smiles with her eyes...big, squinty grins
6: that she is independent and decisive...with a touch of cuddles
7: that she LOVES Mickey Mouse, which means she'll be a Disney girl
8: her hair color! It's a beautiful brownish-auburn...with gold highlights in the sun
9: when she wears a onsie with no pants, I love watching her chubby (yet slimmed down) legs running around the house

10: that she only knows 2 signs (sign language). Well I don't love that, I admit I got lazy...but instead of the real 'more' sign, she just claps...which could mean 'more', or 'food', or 'I want____' or just an actual sign of joy
11: that she is not a cry baby...her rare cries generally mean there is something wrong and I can usually calm her down within a few seconds...fake cries and tantrums for attention are another story.
12: when I see glimpses of Bryan in her and then glimpses of me at totally different times...and of course glimpses of neither which means I'm seeing just Kate :)
13: that she has her daddy's eyes, gorgeous hazel green and cutie patootie curly hair

14: that she cuddles with Trevor, and he finally lets her
15: that she's an organizer...give her some space and a bunch of random shaped things and she'll just 'organize' them and 're-organize' them over and over
16: that she gives open mouth, slobbery kisses
17: that at 17 mos she has all of her teeth (except her 2 yr molars), so hopefully we get a little break from teething...yessss
18: that she is still a very go with the flow kind of girl
19: (and am sad) that we're not nursing anymore, although we both could have continued just a little longer because we enjoyed the time together...but it was time.
20: that she knows exactly how to push my buttons

21: that 90% of the questions asked to her get a head shake 'no'. I know it's the stage she's in, but it's so funny to me when Mickey Mouse asks something like 'do you want to help us find Pluto's ball?', and he gets a head shake no...because I know she really does want to help.
22: that she loves to get out and go places, doesn't really matter where
23: that you know when she is about to sit down because she'll start slowly backing up 3 ft beforehand...sort of like a big dump truck...beep beep beep.
24: that she loves to read books
25: that her cheeks are still enormous despite the rest of her body having thinned out
26: that she's an observer, a think before she acts kinda girl
27: hearing her chew...this is a strange one but I know there are others who love the sound of their babies innocently crunching, munching and slurping without being self conscious about what they look like...ha!
28: that she gives the best hugs, the 'make you want to melt' kind of hugs <3


1 comment:

  1. "Sniffle, sniffle" - such a sweet post. A Mama's love is incomparable and so beautiful. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete