Wednesday, April 27, 2011

20 weeks...ITS A GIRL!!!


Has it really been since week 17 that I've posted?? I can't even imagine what I've been doing. Well first things first...ITS A GIRL!!! YAY!! We found out today at our ultrasound appointment (which was a very cool experience). Bryan is pumped since he's wanted a girl since the beginning and I'm just thrilled that we finally know...you know, it didn't really matter either way, but little girls are just so darn cute! And what's better than having a mini me?! ...even though I have a feeling she's going to be a daddy's girl ; ) I am excited to take the next steps...names, clothes, nursery, etc because I just feel like we've been on hold this whole time.

So the ultrasound place was at this doc office that specializes in fetal genetics and they were raved about by my gyno and boy was he right. These people know their stuff! We were in there for a good 45 minutes looking at our baby's organs (heart, stomach, bladder, kidneys, etc), bones, brain and of course female parts to determine she was a she! What a cool and informative experience! And what a movin' and shakin' baby we have! On top of the info session and pics, the lady also recorded our entire session so we have a good 20 minutes worth of our little girl in action....SUPER COOL!




Now that she's getting bigger I can definitely feel her kicking and punching more. I now feel her every single day and multiple times throughout the day as well. I'm getting used to the feeling but it still takes me by surprise sometimes to really picture her moving around in there! Bryan has felt her once too which was very cool for him. I think it shocked him a bit how forceful it felt.

Looks like she has Bryan's feet - cute!!


GIRL!


Her little nose and mouth.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Little girls are the best! That first ultrasound picture is amazing! It's like she's posing for the camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Kathy! I am so excited for you and Bryan...She is going to be one lucky girl to have you two as parents. We just found out last week that we are having a baby boy :) Maybe there is a romance in their future. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, yay, yay!!! A girl! Congrats Kathy! Such a lucky little girl she's going to be :) Your appointment sounds amazing looking at all the organs and such...Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. Can we pretty please see a pic of preggo K Diggs??? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the news of a little girl!
    I hope you continue to feel well :)

    ReplyDelete